Monday, March 8, 2010

NFL Offseason Bonanza!!

No offseason has more action in 3 days then in the NFL. As soon as the free agency period opened up at 12 midnight on Friday, NFL GM's everywhere went on a shooting spree wrangling up free agents and making trades for prominent players around the league.

First, I start off with the Chicago Bears, because having spent this past weekend with TE GREG OLSEN at a wedding in Florida I knew before even John Clayton and Chris Mortenson did on what DA BEARS! were doing (that's a lie, I didn't appraoch him because I am not 10 years old and I also didn't want to look like a loser in front of his smokin' hot wife who is pictured below).


But I digress. The Bears got the second best pass rusher in the league in my opinion behind Dwight Freeney, in Julius Peppers and a solid #2 RB in Chester Taylor to go along with Matt Forte (who I might add is the fastest person in the history of fantasy football to go from a top five pick to where he shouldn't even sniff the top 5 fuckin rounds this year).

The Dolphins snagged LB Carlos Dansby from the Cardinals, which there is no chance in gods name this guy is worth 5 years, $43 mil with $22 mil guaranteed, but since I hate this franchise with such a passion it puts a huge smile on my face when I get the chance to see Leon Washington break this pricks ankles when he tries to tackle him in the open field.

Moving onto the two big dogs, the JETS and GIANTS. Starting with the G-MEN what a move they make signing Antrel Rolle, I love it actually, between him and Kenny Phillips bringing the swagger from "THE U" into this backfield is something they desperately needed. I have to say a healthy Giants defensive backfield is something NFC East teams should be scared of. Now as for the JETS acquiring Antonio Cromartie and his 29 kids with 30 women I LOVE ITTTTT!! First off Kudos Mr. T on bringing in a 26 year old stud corner (for a 3rd round pick, STEAL) who wanted no part of SAN DIEGO anymore and pair him with the best corner in the league. I mean other then Asomugha, Cromartie was at the top of my list in terms of a great combo with Revis. Also for the fact that the JETS ponied up $500k to settle these child support suits hanging over Cromartie's head so he can concentrate on winning Super Bowl's, hell for all I care if Cromartie brings his A game here to NY when it is time to renew his contract Woody Johnson can throw in a lifetime supply of all Johnson & Johnson products for the future baby Cromartie's that are sure to pop up with him creeping around NYC.

And for the best deal I thought made, was the addition of Anquan Boldin to the Ravens. With them recently bringing back Donte Stallworth and giving up two mid-round draft picks for a 29 year old legit offensive threat has given Flacco two big time receivers who are both hungry to prove themselves in their respective ways, I definitely think this will pay off huge dividends for them this year.

Now let's see where Ladanian, T.O., Thomas Jones and Westbrook will end up?

My guess LT-Texans, T.O.-Jacksonville, Thomas Jones- San Diego and Westbrook- NY JETS.

No comments:

Post a Comment