Friday, March 19, 2010

Revive the Storm!!

Law School awaits me this coming fall, so to prep myself for the glory days of a first year law student which consist of endless hours of reading and studying constitutional law, torts and civil procedure I try and look at the bright side of my potential future as a GM for a professional sports team. So today I am going to throw on my hat of St. John’s University Athletic Director Chris Monasch who today FINALLY fired Norm Roberts who has been the Johnnie’s head coach for the past six dreadful seasons.

Now being a big time college basketball fan and living in the Mecca of Basketball (New York) it makes me depressed at how bad the Red Storm are, I mean how are they not signing these kids from Brooklyn or the Bronx to come play ball for them. They have the chance to rip it up at the Garden and take over a city that would root for them harder than Phil Mickelson was when Tiger was getting dropped by all of his sponsors. The problem is, who the hell wants to play for Norm Roberts. Bring in a top notch coach and St. John’s can bring back a little of the glory days when they use to be able to recruit NBA caliber talent such as Chris Mullen and Mark Jackson in the 80’s to the late 90’s and early 2000’s when they had Ron Artest, Eric Barkley and Marcus Hatten going pound for pound with the Dukies at Cameron Indoor.

So what I am going to do here is let Mr. Monasch in on some of the potential coaches that can revive this program which has followed a similar path the Knicks have this past decade, and that is finding every possibly scenario NOT to win. So let the negotiations begin.

Most logical choice is to rip Rick Pitino out of Louisville. He has that New York connection and is one of the most high profile coaches in the country. He was able to bring in All American players to a school that is like the little brother getting hand me downs from Kentucky, so imagine what he can get to come to the Johnnie’s with all he can offer. Another coach at the top of my list is to convince Bob Knight to jump out from the ESPN broadcasting booth and make his return to college hoops. Imagine one of the all time winningest coaches bringing that intensity to the Garden, hell I might even want the whackjob to do double duty and bring that shit to the Knicks. Just look at what this guy is like…




Other coaches that top my list are Billy Donovan (Florida), Bruce Pearl (Tennessee) and Bob Huggins (West Virginia)

It is time for New York basketball to step it up. I am embarrassed, and the Johnnie’s are no different than the Knicks, you have the best talent in the country hooping it up every day in the school yards and they are bouncing to go play at schools in bumblefuck. Time for the Red Storm to make some noise, so I hope you read this Mr. Monasch because without a big name coach you can kiss your job goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!

    I'll be at Hooters for happy hour...Whose coming with me?

    - Sardelli

    ReplyDelete