Thursday, July 1, 2010

I hope Tiger Hooks Up with Beyonce

So right now as I write this soon to be masterpiece blog post the Knicks are sitting somewhere outside of Akron, Ohio pitching to Lebron James why he NEEDS to become a New York Knickerbocker. Now combining LeBron James with NYC is like pairing me with Marissa Miller just two perfect specimens that God himself couldn't make better. It has been what feels like my entire life waiting for this day to arrive and this Knick plan better come thru because in my mind it is Lebron or bust no matter who they get.
Now before the Knicks stepped into the room today Mikhail Prokhorov, the NETS new billionaire owener and Jay-Z held the first meeting with King James. Now let's just make this clear going forward I refuse to ever buy a Jay-Z song on ITunes (not like I do anyway but let's pretend I still pay for music) or ever go to a Jay-Z concert in my life (which I still haven't) if LeBron signs with the freakin NJ Nets. Now I don't blame Prokhorov for being a cocky asshole cause 1.) he's Russian 2.) he's a billionaire but Jay-Z hit a nerve with me this morning. He raps about how great New York is and sits front row at Knicks game but for some reason since he owns .00001% of the NETS he feels like he has some entitlement. Well message for you Jay-Z stop using New York as a background for you to make millions of dollars and see how rapping about a New Jersey State of Mind goes for you.

But there is a way for Jay-Z to redeem himself and that is to do whatever you can to sell his minute ownership stake in the NETS to anyone on the street and get on board with Jimmy Dolan and the Knicks and revive the Mecca of Basketball. I beg you to not allow Prokhorov to entice LeBron with the billions he has and the strippers he chills with all day to think that the NETS will ever be to this city what the Knicks are. So do what is right Jigga Man and maybe I'll pony up the $500 on stubhub for the Yankee Stadium concert with Eminem.

Anyway I sit here in a pool of sweat just thinking about what the hell is going on in that meeting. Child hood memories of LJ's 4 point play, Houston's runner and John Stark's throwing down on MJ have just been replaying in my head over and over and I need the Knicks to be sick again. So keep the hopes up and pray to god someway somehow the Knicks land the King and basketball will once again be King of New York.

P.S. For those of you who haven't seen this yet below is the billboard that Prokhorow and Jay-Z had painted outside Madison Square Garden. Actually pretty dope and you know they brought a picture of that with LeBron next to them to their meeting this morning...shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment