Tuesday, July 20, 2010

C'mon Already

I had the pleasure of attending the live taping of Joe Buck Live a few months back and Floyd Mayweather was a guest on the show. Now I have to say I usually am not star struck but he had this attitude and swagger about him and I could distinctively remember saying to myself "this guy is the fuckin' man"". Now we fast forward to today's date and I think that "this guy's a fuckin puss". For months now we have been waiting to see if Pacquiao-Mayweather is truly going to come to fruition. Over the past weekend rumors were Pacquiao had agreed to the blood testing that Floyd so eagerly wanted and that a deadline of Saturday at midnight was declared to see if they can get this fight set up at some point this year. Well that deadline came and went and no agreement was set in place and now Pacquiao will fight either Maragarito or Cotto at some point.

Now this is my problem here with boxing and why the sport is pretty much irrelevant compared to what the UFC has become. Here you have the two best fighters on the planet who would each make upward of $25 million for this fight alone and no deal has been set in place yet. Are you kidding me with this Pacquiao-Cotto or Maragaria shit, I can give a shit. You think I gave a shit about Mayweather-Mosley, yea maybe like 10 years ago when Mosley moved faster then my Dad does. This is exactly why boxing is a dieing sport because the big guns that can revive this sport refuse to hash out a deal.
Do you think that George St. Peirre or Anderson Silva would not agree to fight someone or hold out on an agreement this long, hell no. Rampage Jackson got shit for backing out of the Rashad Evans fight due to a "scheduling conflict" and the minute rumors started swirling around about how he might be scared Rampage jumped back on board to make sure the fight eventually took place. Well until Floyd jumps on this boat and agrees to fight Pacquiao you cannot say that he is one of the best fighters ever just because he hasn't lost yet. When you are at the top of your game and another challenger who may dethrone you steps to the plate you have no choice but to fight.

So let's hope for Mayweather's legacy's sake and my own personal want for this fight that it happens because it will be one sick night of boxing and that is something that hasn't happen in a really really long time.

2 comments:

  1. I think Mosley still moves faster then joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about stocks and cocks son!

    ReplyDelete