Friday, July 23, 2010

Fantasy Football Friday: Quarterbacks

So here we are, NFL training camp is officially upon us next week. A new NFL season is like a mixture of losing your virginity, Christmas, Easter Egg Hunts and Fourth of July fireworks all rolled up in one. I love how my entire week is scheduled around managing my fantasy football team and sitting on my ass all day long on Sunday just loving every minute of the best sport on the planet.

This week I am going to give you a rundown of my top 5 fantasy quarterbacks heading into this season, so let’s get down to business:

1.)Peyton Manning: Hands down my go to pick when I have a late first round pick and don’t feel confident in the RB’s left on the board. Manning doesn’t let you down period. He will at minimum toss you over 200 yards passing and a TD, and that is usually his worst week of the year. I think he has got to have a bitter taste in his mouth coming off that Super Bowl loss. So I go with Peyton as the number one QB off the board this year.
2.)Drew Brees: Guy came out of the oblivion after being casted out in San Diego four years ago. Ever since arriving in the Big Easy Brees has been straight bossin on the football field. With a pretty decent group of weapons look for another 4,300 yards and 30 plus TD’s from the defending Super Bowl MVP.
3.)Aaron Rodgers: Ever since taking over for Favre in Green Bay Rodgers has been torching opposing defenses. He is coming into his own and I think this being his third full season under center will allow him to continue to advance his stats. With his cannon arm expect big things out of Cheesehead land this season and grab Rodgers if you have the shot.
4.)Matt Schaub: Houston put up its first ever winning season last year and barely missed the playoffs. Schaub and Andre Johnson became maybe the leagues most prominent QB/WR combo in the league and Schaub showed what he can do when he stays healthy for a whole season and that’s the risk here, always finds a way to miss a few weeks. So you gotta think to yourself is the juice worth the squeeze. My vote is YES.
5.)Tom Brady: Really was tempted to throw Tony Romo is here but I have to give it to Mr. Football here. Brady is a winner and is gotta be furious that the Pats got embarrassed in the playoffs last year. I think with a healthy Welker returning and Moss entering the final year of his contract Brady will put up some more normal Brady numbers then he has over the past 2 seasons.

Honorable mentions: Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning (fuck me for saying it but I think he is going to have a good year)

Now as I kick myself for not charging for this priceless bit of information all you stiffs out there have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment