Friday, July 16, 2010

Fantasy Football Friday

So since my weekly Friday Wrap-Up idea got the rug pulled out from under it, I’ve decided to roll out a new concept for Friday’s known as “Fantasy Football Friday”. Each and every Friday between now and the end of the summer when Fantasy Football drafts begin I will break down each and every position on a weekly basis. Now since I am a fantasy guru and have placed in the top 2 of my fantasy league over the past four years I would take my advice very seriously and use these hidden gems when it is your turn in your draft.

The schedule over the course of the next few weeks will be broken down accordingly: QB’s. RB’s. WR’s. TE’s, Defense, Defensive Players, Rookies, Bench Players, Sleepers and Kickers. Now I must take into consideration that all league’s are scored differently so I want it to be known now that I am just going to go based on overall talent and who I perceive to be the most valuable when it comes to the majority of leagues.

Today I would like to do a quick breakdown of my top 10 players that are available purely based off of what I believe actually I take that last statement back, these are Grade A quality facts that will 1.) make you look like you know what the fuck you are doing and 2.) will most likely put money in your pocket when you win your league.

So here we go the list of my Top 10 Overall Players available:
1.) Chris Johnson: after a phenomenal rookie season he burst out on to the season with an amazing ground game and a tremendous ability to catch the ball out of the back field. He is a consistent scorer who will put points on the board for you each and every week.
2.) Adrian Peterson: Held the ranks as the number one pick the last two seasons but has been dethroned in my opinion. AP still most likely is the best RB in the game but his receiving ability is not even in the same range as CJ and that is what separates them. Still a solid like for 1200 yards on the ground and 15 TD’s.
3.) Maurince Jones-Drew: What a huge year for MJD last year. 1300+ yards Rushing and 15 TD’s. I fully expect him to continue to shoulder the load and become a red zone machine this year.
4.) Ray Rice: Breakout year for Ray. Has shown he can handle the pressure of being a featured back and outside of CJ is the most prominent threat in the league coming out of the backfield. Gave the edge to MJD but I might even consider him at #3.
5.) Frank Gore: Pound the ball is Frank Gore’s model and I see him increasing both his total yards and TD’s this coming season. Is showing star capability and could put this 49er team on his back due to the lack at the QB position.
6.) Andre Johnson: 1500+ receiving yards and 10 TD’s in my mind earns him the respect as a top overall player. I expect those TD’s to increase even more as Matt Schaub continues to become a player in this league and a potential playoff berth may be on the horizon for the Texan’s.
7.) Drew Brees: Guy is flat out playing his ass off like he has some sort of chip on his shoulder. I prefer Peyton Manning personally but the numbers haven’t lied the last couple of years and Brees has better weapons overall then Manning has. Look for another big year on Bourbon Street.
8.) Peyton Manning: Like I said above I prefer Manning due to his consistency and his ability play each and every week. Solid pick no matter what.
9.) Larry Fitzgerald: No more Boldin means more opportunities for Fitz to get the ball and put up more points. Only downfall with this is Kurt Warner is gone and newly appointed QB Matt Leinart is in, won’t work out if they don’t have the chemistry
10.) Michael Turner: Not so much a great year like he had in 2008 but we will chalk it up to the fact that an ankle injury limited him to only appear in 11 games. I think he will bounce back big time and a team who in my opinion underachieved last year will have something to prove. Expect 1200+ rushing yards and 10 TD’s.

So that is this week’s breakdown. Take it or leave it but my personally opinion is I know more than you so I think it is in your best interest to take note of what I said.

Until next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment