Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Wrap Up (4.30.10)

Occasionally on a Friday now if I don't want to speak about a certain topic I am going to do a brief write up about a few different stories in the world of sports. So here is the first edition of the Friday Wrap Up...

So I get a text from one of my roommates the other night telling me that I have to watch ESPN’s new documentary on Ricky Williams entitled “Run Ricky Run”. Well last night I finally got to watch it and let me tell you something it was absolutely hilarious. Seriously I have a new found admiration for Ricky, I have never seen someone really not give a shit about ANYTHING in my whole life like this. Definitely a must watch and will leave you loving what Ricky is all about.Moving onto Robinson Cano. This guy is flat out dominating the game of baseball right now. Forget the other guys on the Yankees he is their BEST player right now. Hit two more homers last night and now has 8 on the year and is batting .407 on top of the fact that he is turning into a Gold Glove second baseman. Ask me if I could take any Yankee and put him on the Mets right now it would definitely be Cano. The thought of him, Reyes, Wright and Ike in that infield for the next 10 years makes me feel like I felt when I use to hear the ice cream man coming from down the block.

Is the entire Philadelphia Eagles staff on drugs? First they dump Westbrook then trade their franchise QB in McNabb (who by the way will be a Pro Bowler this year) and now give Kevin Kolb, their new QB who has played only 12 NFL games in 3 years a guaranteed $12.6 mill. I seriously hope they don’t sniff the playoffs over the next 5 years until McNabb is out of the league.

I know I made an oath not to watch the Mets this year but guess what I am. I am like a crack feign when it comes to them, I can’t live without them. First place after a miserable start and now we get to take on the Phillies. What better way to let them know how much they overpaid for Ryan Howard (contract extension of 5 years $125 mill) when he strikes out 10 times over the next 3 games. Watch out for tomorrow afternoon’s game, Pelfrey vs. Hallady. Pelfrey has been pitching his ass off (4-0 ERA under .60) and this is his time to show that he is a legit number two man behind Santana if he can go toe to toe with Doc Halladay. We shall see my friends but I might be breaking out the broom if we take it home tonight.

Last but not least, Mayweather vs. Mosley tomorrow night. Such bullshit that it isn’t Mayweather vs. Pacquio but hopefully after Money Mayweather shows Mosley that he doesn’t even belong in the ring with him we will get some post fight guarantee that he wants a piece of Manny. Until that fight happens I refuse to watch a boxing match.
Until next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment