Wednesday, May 19, 2010

HITTING THE JACKPOT...OR NOT

Last night was the NBA Lottery Special and the state of New Jersey got shit on royally like it usually does. The way the lottery works in the NBA is the worse your record is the more ping pong balls you get thrown into the mix when the commissior draws the order of the draft. Well Mikhail Prokhorow the NETS new owner will finally realize that nothing good will ever happen to that team, that even when they move to Brooklyn they will be overshadowed every single day by what LeBron is doing with the Knicks (unless maybe they can land Delonte West cause you know King James will go crazy if Gloria James is back sleeping with this guy)...

Anyway the Washington Wizards won the right to John Wall which is definitely a huge relief considering their franchise player was kicked out of the league this year for playing "Cowboys" in the lockeroom with real guns, so good for them. The 76ers will grab Evan Turner at the number two slot. Now this leaves us with the woeful NETS sitting at number three. Since I am primed to be a GM one of these days I am going to have to say that the NETS need to grab Derrick Favors out of Georgia Tech and here is why. Favors was the second biggest high school recruit last year outside of John Wall and the only reason he didn't get as much attention nationally was the fact that he chose the worse possible school to go to. I mean this kid could have called any coach in the entire country and they would have taken him without blinking an eye. Now what the NETS need to do is have Brook Lopez and Favors become a modern day version of the Twin Towers David Robinson and Tim Duncan and then come next offseason land free agent PG Chris Paul.

Now since I just gave free advice to a Russion Billionaire who could have hired me at a discount for that golden ticket to a revived franchise I want to at least be given credit by my countless readers. Oh and I also want it noted that if they select DeMarcus Cousins be rest assured that he will be the next Eddy Curry.

Now I needed to address this today only for the mere fact that I actually wasted away a half hour of my life last week praising Vince Carter. Last night was an absolute embarrassment to watch. For those who didn't watch the MAGIC are down three with 31 seconds on the clock and VC takes it to the whole right off the inbounds and gets fouled. Now all he had to do was hit one free throw with that much time left to leave the MAGIC in a position to salvage this series that I still cannot believe they are losing and what does he do..he throws up two f'in bricks. I am officially off the Vinsanity bandwagon, after watching that I took my Vince Carter plaque off my wall and shoved it under my bed with my Aaron Heilman autographed baseball. I actually was seriously thinking of throwing an entire weeks worth of pay on the MAGIC to outright put a whooping on the Celts but goes to show that I really don't know anything.


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment