Wednesday, June 23, 2010

America, Fuck Yeah!!

I can honestly sit here and with joy say that I was so pumped to be watching a soccer game and not because Landon Donovan put in the game winning goal in the 91st minute but because I was able to get the fuck out of my cubicle and go sit in a nice leather conference room chair watching a flat screen tv drinking a freaking Red Bull, that is what all Wednesday mornings should be like.

Now in all seriousness that was a pretty sweet ending. I swear if we would have tied one more godforsaken game I would have seriously started a petition to ban soccer in America. We don't play for ties in America we either win or we win none of this draw crap. And to make it even worse if those sneaky little Brits would have advanced over us after beating Slovenia that would have put the icing on another terrible World Cup. Instead our all time leading scorer buries a rebound shot in the back of the net with seconds away from the game coming to a close and gives us only our second First Place Group finish since 1930.

Soccer will never be cool in the U.S., I don't care if we run a train and take down Argentina and Brazil it just won't ever be that great here. But for the time being I have to say I am pretty pumped to be advancing because like I said last week I bleed Red, White and Blue and this just shows that even when America is not the best at something we will evenutally catch up and when that happens the rest of the world might as well get out of the way.

So sit back and pray that we get to face those damn Germans because you can guarantee we will shithouse them on Saturday like we did in WWII.

Damn, it feel great to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment